Railway bridge across
With the construction of the bridge was associated with the appearance of the new town, which was destined subsequently to become one of the largest in Siberia. Day of laying the first stone of the railway bridge across the Ob river — July 20, 1893 is the date of birth of Novosibirsk.
It should be noted that bridges the TRANS-Siberian railway for its time were the largest facilities of its kind in Russia. For example, the famous bridge over the Yenisei, constructed under the project of L. Proskuryakova in 1898, has long been one of the biggest in the world in the simple span girder bridges (6 spans of 144 m. the Model of the bridge was awarded the gold medal at the Paris exhibition of 1900). The bridge across the Amur river (1915 project by the same author) had a unique length of 2.6 km Access road with the overpass it in 6 spans of 33m (the project of the famous Russian engineer, Professor G. P. Perederiy) was constructed from the latest structural material — concrete.
The bridge over the Ob river near the village of Krivoshekov at 1328 th mile of the Western-Siberian railroad was built under the project of Professor Nikolai Apollonovich Belelyubsky, a prominent engineer and scientist in the field of structural mechanics. The bridge has nine spans. Are the spans on stone piers made of local granite, laid on a granite river bed.
N. And. Belelyubsky in the upper structure of the bridge used poluprorocheski with a support stand and one curved belt, with dvuhrjadnoj system of grids. Dvorackova truss system with high stiffness, reduces the length of the panel and facilitates the weight of the parts of the bridge, and the presence of the supports in the farm simplifies the device support unit and a support frame, and facilitates designing of mates supporting cross beams with girders. In addition, N. And. Belelyubsky made improvements in the design of the bridge, consisting in the device “free of the roadway”. This system has become known in the world practice of building bridges as the “Russian system”.
Steel construction girders with a total weight of 270 thousand poods were produced in the Urals, Came back to the plant, under the guidance of the contractor the engineer V. I. Berezin. Farm tower over the low (low) horizon Ob at 17 m.
The bridge was built 4 years and cost about 2 million rubles. In 1896 the test of the bridge, where there were 4 steam locomotive and 31 March 1897 it was opened to traffic.
The chief of works on the construction of the bridge was engineer G. M. Budagov. He remembered with gratitude their cooperation with N. G. Garin-Mikhailovsky in the construction of roads, bridges, and stations: “the Activities of our witty, talented person and excellent friend of Nicholas G. Michael. did all the builders, their work as a particularly colorful and nice”.
In April 1984 on the piers of the first railway bridge across the Ob river has completed the installation of the second channel bridge spans — the steel trusses. Mostootryad № 429 of the West Siberian railway was built from these spans of 15.7 thousand metal elements with a total weight of 4.5 thousand tons. The construction of the spans began in 1974, were formed the Foundation for approaches to the bridge, where laid 78 thousand m3 of soil and constructed a road over one kilometre left Bank to a bridge pillar for transportation of metal, concrete and other materials. To verify the reliability of the existing towers of the Leningrad specialists drilled the body of the bridge piers and rock foundations, and on them were the supports of the old bridge. The conclusion about the possibility of building on the same piers of the second bridge spans the railway bridge. The Ministry of Railways of the USSR decided to build a new bridge with the subsequent dismantling of the superstructure of the old that no longer satisfy the railway crossings heavy trains.
The design of the bridge was prepared at the Moscow Institute of Giprotransput. After commissioning of the Novosibirsk hydroelectric power station spring ice drifts near the town stopped, so there was no need for existing supports (“bulls”) the old bridge, the ice-cutters. Builders-bridge builders erected (built up) seven concrete poles on the grounds of the former ice-cutters bridge, had set up two Bank foundations. Installation of trusses spans between the supports of the spans in the 100 meters held by the method of hanging the Assembly from a support to a support, with the help of cranes passing over the top of the inside passage and part of farms.
A new metal bridge was assembled on high-strength bolts, allowing faster mounting to the superstructure. Effective method of building the bridge without auxiliary forests, floating means used for the first time in Novosibirsk. On the project estimate cost is $ 8 mln. On its aesthetic qualities, the new superstructure of the bridge, more powerful and large, inferior to the old, which is almost a century is well “worked” for the great Siberian railway.
Currently the superstructure of the old bridge dismantled. As a Museum piece stored one span design.
The history of Novonikolaevsk was associated with two events that took place in the late nineteenth century. The first of these occurred in late August of 1891, when the Large Krivodanovka the village held a meeting, in kotorom attended three major Imperial officials: the head of construction Ministry of Railways K. Y. Mikhailovsky, the valid councillor of state, General I. V. Berezin (future contractor) and the commander of the detachment prospecting Vincent-Ignacy Roecke. They considered the hydrographic materials presented Roecke, and made the final decision to recommend to the intersection of the Obi local Ford for cattle. It was defined the place for the construction of the first railway bridge over the Ob river near the village Krivodanovka.
The second event occurred in St. Petersburg on 16 February 1893 at the second meeting of the Committee of the Siberian railway under the chairmanship of Grand Duke Nikolai Alexandrovich. There has been considered a proposal from the Ministry of communications. The crown Prince agreed with the planned direction of the strip Siberian railway in the region of the Obi as the most convenient technically. Since then, the junction of the Siberian railway across the Ob river was not discussed.
April 30, 1893 in the village Krivodanovka has arrived the first party of workers-railroad workers. The village they built on the right Bank of the free, where later grew up the train station “Ob”. On December 28, 1903 in rexipe N 747-47 Sovereign Emperor Nikolay II issued a Supreme decree, according to which “the settlement of Novo-Nikolaevsk on the station Ob,” was erected in the degree of “non-district” of the city with an area of 881 acres 2260 square fathom (Krivodanovka Sloboda, which was situated on the opposite Bank of the Ob river, were not included in its composition). The original document was signed by the Acting regional Manager office of His Majesty’s major-General Rydzewski.
Construction of the stone piers of the railway bridge across the Ob river. In the background right Bank of the Ob ‘ and the estuary of the Kamenka river
The test of a railway bridge in 1896