Have you ever gone to a tour of Moscow of different faiths? Indeed, apart from the usual Christian churches in Moscow have historic Lutheran and Anglican churches, the Catholic Church, from which captures the spirit. And whose story makes us think and better understand those who are their followers.
1) Cathedral Of The Immaculate Conception Of The Blessed Virgin Mary
This Cathedral is the most impressive Catholic Cathedral of Russia, where the services are held in different languages. It was built almost 10 years — from 1901 to 1911, the interior decoration was finished by 1917, At the Governor’s construction was carried out far from the center of Moscow and large Orthodox churches without towers and sculpted statues.
After the revolution, during the Soviet rule the Church was used as a hostel, then a scientific research Facility. Continue reading
Fortress. — The architecture of fortified places has experienced two eras: the era of the allied wars, when each city could be afraid of attacks from the neighbour, and the age of the barbarian threat, when at stake the very existence of the Empire. In the interim period — the period of “Roman peace” — inner fortresses were abandoned, and all attention was focused on the border zone; the city walls of Rome itself was built up with suburban homes, and a new wall was erected only in 270 ad when Aurelian, when Rome began to approach the barbarians.
Fortifications of the first period were built in the Greek style, as can be seen on the fence of Pompeii . The only significant change is the replacement of earthen walls or walls made of stones pritesannye array from Serbia on a solution.
Only a very few cities within the country was adorned with or expanded their wall at times between August and last era, antonín. These Are Fano, It, Autun. The Empire was going through a period of major works of fortification for the defense of borders. Continue reading
If you look at the map of Vladimir-Shatura Pressmania, the first notice the almost complete absence of any human settlements – just forests and marshes. And not to say that there is still some hundred years ago was life – do not beat, of course, key, but have not been these places so desolate as now. And the remnants of this life almost could not be found, although some traces, of course, remained. Today, looking at the poorly marked on a large-scale map of the country road, not immediately realize that it is a former postal route from Vladimir in Kolomna. But somewhere on the outskirts of the swamp you suddenly come across a dilapidated brick Church, sullenly staring hollowed eye-sockets of Windows. Go into the forest overgrown with grass beaten track, and where are they – God knows…
Somewhere in the wilds of the forest lurks priglashennyh Husmor – mysterious tract of which few have heard and almost no one saw. Before the revolution there was a “guard” forest cordon, and now it is this wilderness, where no roads, no trails, no. But Rushmore locals remember a wonderful place. According to a few eyewitnesses, there, deep in the forest, towered built from stones of the correct form a hemisphere of 6 m in diameter and 3 meters in height. Around the hemisphere were visible octadecadienic posts. All the buildings were very ancient, overgrown with moss. Continue reading